London’s summer music festivals will leave backpackers spoilt for choice in 2015. This year some of the world’s biggest bands and celebrities will be descending upon the UK capital. London’s summer festival season sees parks, gig venues and royal palaces completely transformed by tens of thousands of hedonistic revellers.
There’s no camping in London, so you’ll need to book your hostel in advance. Fortunately London has plenty of cheap budget hostels and low cost hotels available for backpackers. Book your holiday here and forget camping and mudslides this summer. Every smart traveller knows the best music festivals in Europe are now big city experiences.
Read on and discover the highlights of the best summer music festivals in London.
British Summer Time
British Summer Time takes place in Hyde Park and will be headlined this year by Taylor Swift, Blur and will also feature live sets from The Strokes, Ellie Goulding and Antipodean princess Kylie Minogue.
Now in its third year, British Summer Time is one of the most popular summer music festivals in London. Featuring some of the biggest headline acts in music, you can enjoy the festival and stay in a budget hostel only a few minutes walk from Hyde Park.
When: Thursday June 18 2015 – Saturday June 27 2015
Where: Hyde Park, London
Who’s playing: Taylor Swift, Kylie Minogue, Blur, The Strokes, The Who
Where to stay:
- Smart Hyde Park View is only a few minutes walk from Hyde Park and offers music fans a clean and affordable place to stay right next to the festival site. Rooms are available from €25.97.
- Smart Hyde Park Inn is a budget hostel right next to Hyde Park. Perfect for backpackers looking for a cheap place to stay in West London. Rooms are available from €17.19.
- MEININGER Hotel London Hyde Park is situated directly opposite the Natural History Museum. Perfect for music fans wanting a more refined stay in London. Rooms are available from €35.53.
Camden Lock Live
Camden Lock Live is a boutique music festival in north London and is running for its third year. The canal walkways and outdoor market will be transformed by three stages during this free urban festival. Headline acts include electro superstars Stealing Sheep, The Cuban Brothers and indie kids Flyte.
When: Friday July 10 2015
Where: Camden Lock Market, London
Who’s playing: Stealing Sheep, The Cuban Brothers, Flyte
Where to stay:
- Smart Camden Inn Hostel is a stylish budget hostel in North London, close to Camden’s bars, pubs and markets. Rooms are available from €17.28.
- All Star Hostel is situated in North West London and this modern trendy hostel offers clean rooms and free Wi-Fi to Camden Lock fans. Rooms are available from €19.76.
Lovebox Festival 2015
Situated in Victoria Park, East London, the Lovebox Festival offers two days of eclectic hip hop and electro music. 2015’s line up features headline slots from US rapper Snoop Dog, Hot Chip and Rudimental. Offering music fans an urban music party in East London’s favourite park, the Lovebox Festival is the hipster festival of choice.
When: Friday July 17 2015 – Saturday July 18 2015
Where: Victoria Park, London
Who’s playing: Snoop Dogg, Rudimental, Hot Chip, Jessie Ware, Little Dragon, Mark Ronson, Annie Mac, Cypress Hill, Flume and Flight Facilities
Where to stay:
- The Dictionary, Shoreditch is the most stylised hostel in East London. Offering minimalist rooms and chic dorms to global travellers, the Shoreditch hostel is only a short bus journey away from Victoria Park. Rooms are available from €30.16.
- Travel Inn London is a budget hotel in East London. It’s only one mile away from Stratford and it’s also close to Westfield Shopping Centre. This hotel is perfect for travellers looking for a budget place to stay on holiday. Rooms are available from €35.22.