The Berlin Festival is the biggest musical celebration in Kreuzberg. Featuring international artists such as James Blake, Underworld, Gusgus and Roisin Murphy, the German music festival will be taking over Arena Park for a 72-hour party on 29th-31st May.
Genre barriers are ripped up at the Berlin Festival. Techno beats merge with hip hop, high fashion with normcore, street food with gourmet cuisine and Mozart with club classics. Kreuzberg is the edgiest culture scene in Europe and there is nowhere better to hang out in Berlin on holiday.
Sound tracked by some of the most diverse and biggest names in global music, the Berlin Festival promises to be a brilliant occasion for travellers arriving in Germany.
The Berlin Festival has no camping so you have to book a hostel unless you want to sleep rough. Stay in a designer hostel or boutique hostel in Berlin this summer and save a fortune on your accommodation. The German capital is one of the cheapest places to stay in Europe and the festival only costs 79 for three days.
Early bird tickets are available for €69 and you can buy day tickets to suit you: Friday (€29) Saturday (€49) and Sunday (€49).
Offering superb value for money and amazing vibes, the Berlin Festival is the only show in town. You don’t have to stay in Arena Park for three days either. Travellers wanting to explore Kreuzberg will discover some of Germany’s coolest street art, rebellious punk bars and vegan bohemian cafes.
Fiercely anti-establishment and with a youthful energy you’re unlikely to find anywhere else, Kreuzberg is best explored on foot and with a smartphone camera.
How to get to Arena Park
You can get the bus and train from Berlin’s Hauptbahnhof (central station) or the Zentraler Omnibusbahnhof (ZOB) to Arena Park throughout the day. Berlin’s transport system is easy to navigate and runs throughout the night.
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT
U1 stop: Schlesisches Tor, 10 min walk to Arena
Stop: Treptower Park
10 minute walk to Arena Park
4 mininute walk to Arena Park
Where to stay during the Berlin Festival
- Aletto Kreuzberg Jugendhotel is a luxury boutique hostel situated in the heart of Kreuzberg. Perfect for festival dwellers, the hostel is Wi-Fi friendly with a 24 hour reception and multi-lingual staff. Expect clean stylish rooms to cater for all tastes and budgets. Rooms are available from €19.08.
- HostelXBerger is a super cheap hostel situated in central Kreuzberg. Perfect if you want to save cash on holiday, the hostel is clean, friendly and has 24 hour access. Rooms are available from €12.38.
- Happy Bed Hostel is a new Kreuzberg hostel offering travellers en-suite rooms and exceptionally clean dorms. Situated in a perfect location for festival goers, the hostel is a friendly place to meet fellow backpackers on holiday. Rooms are available from €16.24.
- U inn Berlin Hostel is situated in Friedrichshain and is just five minutes east of the historic Alexanderplatz. Only a short tram or bus journey away from Kreuzberg, this popular hostel is a chilled, tasteful and relaxing place to stay in central Berlin. Rooms are available from €20.18.
- MEININGER Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz is a charming and luxury hotel perfect for travellers who want to unwind peacefully after a big session at the Berlin Festival. Situated in the Mitte district, the city centre hotel is only a short tram away from Kreuzberg. Rooms are available from €26.79