The HostelsClub philosophy this Valentine’s Day is that a romantic weekend does not have to be expensive or about how much you spend, but who and where you spend it at. Check out the Top 10 list:
1. Venice – No other city has more beautiful alleyways, foot bridges and scenery for couples in love. Picture this: narrow streets, small cafes and restaurants galore, canals and gondoliers singing just for you. The Venice Gondola Tour is the most romantic way to make declaration of love. Then in the evening you can go in the middle of St. Mark’s square and soak up the live classical concerts and the atmosphere of the city. While many consider Venice to be expensive, there are beds in Venice as low as 25€!
2. Paris – Also nearly tied with Venice, but in at number two, is this historic city of romance. It is a mecca for love and passion. Nice romantic ambience in every cafÃ©, amazing architecture and sweet smells of croissaints and pastries filling the air. How about that for a nice backdrop for a romantic weekend? Spend a weekend in Paris and visit Montmartre Sacre Coeur, the Gardens of Luxembourg, dine in the Marais district and finally stroll along the Seine. You can find cheap hostels from as low as 20€ per person for a double room!
Book your hostel in Paris
3. Buenos Aires – The city where life and love are inseparable, much like the tango dancing which was born in the suburbs of Buenos Aires. It is known as the ‘Paris of the South’. Just go to the first bar in Buenos Aires and feel the passion in every corner of the city. With a great steak dinner and a bottle of Malbec, you’ll be tango dancing in no time! A double room in Buenos Aires costs as low as € 15 per person!
4. Vienna – Because of the famous Austrian romantic waltz dance, we have chosen Vienna to be our fourth most romantic city. With its lovely cafes, avenues and parks, Vienna has become a favorite of all lovers. Have some hot chocolate at a cozy cafe on the corner, go on horse-drawn carriage rides, and walk through their beautiful green parks to set the mood. The distinctive ambience of the capital of Austria makes this city so special for a romantic trip. A double room can be booked from as low as 22 € per person.
Book your hostel in Vienna
5. Istanbul – It may be a surprise to you, but Istanbul, with its oriental atmosphere, where everything is mysterious and passionate, is full of romance and love! The narrow streets of Istanbul, oriental spices and hot drinks for both day and night time makes Istanbul is perfect city for a getaway with your loved one! With just 13€ each a double room here is perfect for a budget-friendly couple.
6. Las Vegas – The city of sin is where your love can reach all levels. Everyone knows it’s a great place to get married on the run, but it is also one of the most enchanting and fascinating places in the world, a sparkling jewel in the desert – literally. Not to mention you can always pretend you are traveling while visiting casino’s like the Venetian which also has romantic gondola rides you can partake in or go to the casino where you can feel like you’re in the Wild West at one point and Egypt the next. Las Vegas is the perfect place for a vacation and honeymoon. There are private rooms from 23€ per person!
7. St. Petersburg – The most romantic city in Russia is without a doubt, Saint Petersburg, with all their stories of dramatic love. Not for nothing this city is called ‘Venice of the North’. There are small canals and waterways, romantic white nights, and dinners with caviar and vodka which is a great cocktail for love. One of the favorite places for lovers is the Potseluev Bridge (the Kissing Bridge) where legend says that everybody who kisses on that bridge will be together forever! Private rooms in St. Petersburg from 19€ per person.
8. Prague – The pearl of the East, is a magical place, perfect for romantics and lovers and is eighth on our list! Enjoy every romantic minute in the evening, under the light of gas lamps in the narrow streets and the romantic flair of the city. Many couples choose romantic castles of Prague to get married, so why not start your romantic holiday there? You can stay in Prague for just 10€ each!
Book a hostel in Prague
9. Lisbon - The city of broken hearts and breathtaking passion. Lisbon has become more and more popular for lovers, and it owes this reputation to their traditional music – fado – played with a classical guitar usually with lyrics about missing a loved one. Plus with its historical palaces, colorful houses, the shimmering river and warm light reflecting in the windows, it is the city of romance. For Valentine’s Day Lisbon offers rooms from 15€ each!
Book a Lisbon hostel
10. Miami - The American caribbean city streamed with palm trees and the blue ocean of South Beach. Walk along the promenade of Collins Avenue where you have a tons of restaurants of all cuisines to choose to dine in. Enjoy of nice Cuban mojito on an outside terrace or poolside followed with a walk down the sandy beach with sounds of the caribbean music in the background. Private rooms for 35€ each including your own kitchen if you want to cook up your own meal!